Monday, February 8, 2010

Choc Chip Biscuits


According to Smitten Kitchen's Deb - these are her favourite choc chip cookies. Although I must admit, as usual my complete lack of ability to follow a recipe has made these a bit different to the original. Despite these changes they are lovely! I had no vanilla essence so put in cinnamon instead - a very nice change. I also had only 1/2 cup worth of a mixture of roasted hazelnuts, and pepitas, pine nuts and pumpkin seeds. I made this mixture up to a cup with rolled oats. The result was delicious. The hazelnut flavour was fantastic with the chocolate.


1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

115g butter

1 tsp vanilla

1 egg

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 1/4 cups plain flour

1/4 tsp salt

230g pack of dark choc chips

1 cup nuts, roasted and then finely chopped


Preheat the oven to 150C. Cream the butter and sugar then beat in the vanilla, egg and baking soda. Gradually mix in the remaining ingredients.


Place large teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 mins or until very lightly golden.


I made about 50 small biscuits.


No comments: