Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weekend trip to Puno

>
> Friday night, 10pm. Bus to Puno.
> I was expecting a freezing bus so borrowed a sleeping bag for the trip, but it was actually really warm. I only took hand luggage so I could stash it under my legs and not have to worry about pickpockets. Nevertheless I still locked my backpack and someone would have had to move my legs to get to it. With the help of another empanada and a full belly I slept soundly.
> Bus stopped a couple of times overnight. A about 5.30 it arrived in Puno. No announcement or anything and this was not the last stop of the night. It is so important to check every stop..I al'pst ended up in Bolivia!
> Picked up at the terminus by the tour company "jumbo tours". Very well organised. Gave us breakfast in their office before heading to the floating islands.
>
> View of Puno
>

No comments: