Friday, December 18, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

The scene
Mary and I living together in Albany. We don't know anyone else in town.
Mary is Muslim - not so excited with christmas. I am slowly converting her to love Christmas.
The tree - Mary's bonsai tree. Decorated adoringly with gold ribbon and a christmas chain.



The cookies. 3 hours later an assortment of gingerbread cookies - xmas trees, candy canes, stars, angels, bells and holly and ivy.

The highlight - Mary decorating the angels - one with gigantic christian crosses - maybe I can make a xmas lover out of her yet.

From here - taking her to carols by candle-light tonight on Middleton beach! She is going to burst with too much xmas spirit.

Note: Although Mary is Muslim, she went to a Catholic school. Unfortunately as much as I rub xmas in her face she has already spent 12 years praying each morning and saying her hail mary's. Oh well - I tried!

No comments: